A Whirlpool dishwasher not cleaning properly is a common problem that can be caused by several factors. It is a frustrating and inconvenient issue that can leave your dishes dirty and unappetizing. Take a moment to review our Whirlpool dishwasher troubleshooting guide for the most common causes of a dishwasher not cleaning and their solutions.
Why Is My Whirlpool Dishwasher Not Cleaning My Dishes Correctly?
In this guide, we will discuss the common causes of a Whirlpool dishwasher not cleaning well and how to troubleshoot them. We will also provide instructions on how to clean your dishwasher to keep it working well all year long.
Why Is My Whirlpool Dishwasher Not Getting My Dishes Clean?
If you’re wondering how to fix a dishwasher not cleaning, there are several possible causes and solutions. The most common causes are:
- Blocked or clogged spray arms – If you’ve been having trouble with your dishwasher not cleaning your dishes correctly, it may be due to blocked spray arms. Is your Whirlpool dishwasher not cleaning top rack? Blocked spray arms can occur when there is food or grease build-up on the arm itself or when dishes are loaded incorrectly. To resolve this issue, try clearing any spray arm blockages using a toothbrush or a straightened-out paperclip. If that doesn’t work, try unloading and reloading your dishwasher more carefully. Ensure that nothing is blocking the spray arm from rotating freely and that dishes are being loaded so they will be washed properly.
- Overloaded dishwasher – If you overload your dishwasher, it can’t clean your dishes properly. When the dishwasher is overloaded, hot water isn’t able to reach all the dishes, so some will not get clean. To avoid this, try to stagger your dishwasher loads so that you are not putting too many dishes in at once.
- Incorrect loading of dishes – If you’ve been having trouble with your dishwasher not cleaning your dishes correctly, it may be due to incorrect loading of the dishes. Incorrect loading can occur when dishes are placed too close together or when there is not enough space for the water to reach all of the dishes. To avoid problems like overcrowding, stacking, and nesting, you must load your dishwasher carefully and leave plenty of space between each dish. Ensure that none of the dishes are blocking the spray arms.
- Low water pressure – If you’ve been having trouble with your dishwasher not cleaning your dishes correctly, it may be due to low water pressure in your home. Low water pressure can occur when there is a problem with the water line or when the water pressure is too weak. If you suspect your home has low water pressure, contact your local plumber to diagnose and resolve your water pressure issue.
What to Run Through Dishwasher to Clean It
If your Whirlpool dishwasher not cleaning dishes correctly has become an issue, you may need to clean it. The first step is to remove any food or grease build-up from the dishwasher. This can be done by running a cycle with a dishwasher cleaner or white vinegar.
To clean your dishwasher, simply fill a bowl with white vinegar and place it on the top rack of your empty dishwasher. Close the dishwasher door and run a full cycle. The vinegar will help dissolve any food or grease build-up and help clean your dishwasher.
How Do You Clean the Trap On a Whirlpool Dishwasher?
The dishwasher trap or filter is a small, removable filter that sits at the bottom of your dishwasher. It is responsible for trapping food and debris that may be washed off of dishes during the cleaning cycle. If this filter is clogged, it can prevent water from draining properly and cause your dishwasher to not clean dishes correctly.
To clean the dishwasher trap and filter, you will need to remove them from the dishwasher. The trap may be located in different places depending on which model dishwasher you have. Consult your dishwasher manual for instructions on removing and cleaning the trap and dishwasher filter.
Once you have removed the trap, use a brush to dislodge any food or debris that may be trapped in it. Rinse the trap and filter under warm water to clean it, and then replace it in your dishwasher.
How Do I Make My Whirlpool Dishwasher Clean Better?
To help keep your dishwasher clean and ensure that it continues to clean dishes correctly, you should clean it every month. In addition, be sure to use the correct detergent for your dishwasher and the right amount of detergent. Additionally, using a rinse aid can help keep your dishwasher clean and free of streaks and spots. Finally, always use the hot water cycle for thorough cleaning.
How Do You Fix a Dishwasher That Is Not Cleaning Dishes?
If you have been having trouble with your dishwasher not cleaning your dishes correctly, it may be due to a faulty part. The most common parts to fail that may cause your Whirlpool dishwasher not to clean are:
- Water intake valve – The water intake valve is responsible for bringing water into the dishwasher. If this valve is clogged or defective, the dishwasher will not be able to get the water it needs to clean the dishes.
- Faulty washer arm assembly – If the washer arm assembly is not functioning properly, the dishwasher may not be able to spray water on all of the dishes, leaving them dirty or unwashed.
- Defective circulation pump – A defective circulation pump may prevent your dishwasher from washing dishes properly. This pump is responsible for circulating water through the dishwasher. If it is defective, water will not reach your dishes during the cleaning cycle, leaving them unwashed.
- Broken wash impeller – A dishwasher impeller is a small plastic blade that circulates water into and through the dishwasher arms. If the wash impeller is broken or missing one or more of its fins, it will not force water through the dishwasher arms correctly.
- Drain pump motor failure – A dishwasher drain pump motor helps to pump water out the drain. If this drain pump is defective, it will not be able to move the drain properly, and your dishes will not get clean.
If you suspect any of these parts may be defective, you should call a professional dishwasher technician to diagnose and fix the problem.
If you are experiencing problems with your Whirlpool dishwasher not cleaning dishes correctly, it is important to call a professional dishwasher repair technician to diagnose and fix the problem as soon as possible. At ASAP Appliance Repairz, we have experience repairing most major brands of dishwashers and can help get your dishwasher back up and running properly in no time! Give us a call today.